LaTeX is a markup language for describing a document. It can also be defined as a document preparation system. LaTeX is mainly used to create technical or scientific articles, papers, reports, books or PhD thesis.
- To install Tex Live LaTeX distribution on ubuntu use the following command.
- To edit LaTeX documents we need an editor. There are number of LaTeX editors you can find. I recommend Texmaker, a cross platform LaTeX editor. To install Texmaker on Ubuntu use following command.
- To open Texmaker on Ubuntu use following command.
- Now Let’s create a simple document using Texmaker. Click on File -> New and insert following lines in the blank document.
- Now save the document as a ‘tex’ file by clicking File -> Save. Compile the document clicking the arrow Quick Build.
You can learn more about LaTeX by refferring this link.